Wednesday, December 12, 2007

The 'Hairspray' and 'The Ivy'



Exactly 2 weeks ago my office had its Christmas do. As we had won a bit of extra money for our performance this year, we decided to do something a little bit extra. We agreed on a restaurant, and choose The Ivy, and then wanted to back it up with a show. Alan, Sharon and Melissa had all seen the recent movie Hairspray and really wanted to see the stage show; I didn't need much persuading.

All 4 of us were working that day so some careful juggling had to take place so that all the company cars were at home come 6pm. A quick change into our snazzy threads then the tube to the theatre for a 7.30 start. I absolutely loved the show. It is set in the 60s, and I was totally thrilled with the era, the music and the outfits; by the curtain fall I was buzzing and saying to myself that this had been the best piece of entertainment I had ever seen!



From the theatre we had an 11pm dinner at the Ivy. I guess due to the high celebrity count I was told I was not allowed to take photographs. With that and the 'no camera' policy of the theatre I was left with a nigh on redundant camera! Grr.



Once I got home I ordered the DVD of Hairspray.

No comments: