Friday, June 15, 2007

Phil the (Slag) Stag!


What with my Sunday last week taken up with motor sport (see earlier post) plus my nephew Tai being born Monday (my last post), this current post is a bit late.

Last Saturday was Phil's stag do. His best man, John arranged the night and transport home. Again as with John's stag do previously, I am gonna keep the early part of the evening secret to protect the innocent. However I will say that Wyclef Jean's song 'Perfect Gentleman' now has more meaning. You remember the tune;

Just 'cuz she dances go-go
It don't make her a ho, no
Maxine, put your dance shoes on
We going to the disco
We gonna eeelope to Meeeexico
Called up my mama, said I'm in love with a stripper, yo


Anyhoo... We all moved onto our main venue for the night, 'Sound' in Leicester Square. First we had dinner up on the 5th floor and once the food was over, the tables and chairs were moved aside and the room became the R'n'b room, with the split level floors on 3 and 4 being the main floor playing more commercial music. Phil had also invited his Dad along for the night plus 2 friends I had never met before, and Johnathon, whom we all went to school with but did get that close to.

I danced most of the night, as usual. I don't remember seeing Chris on the dancefloor, but everyone else shook their tail-feathers at some point. Dave and Chris had to leave early to get their last train home, the rest of us stayed till 1am when our preordered cab arrived to take us home again.







2 comments:

Greg said...

Squish, going out on the hackney road. Gangster.

squish said...

Yeah, I'm rock me. Grrr