Wednesday, July 25, 2007

The tooth and nothing but 2/ JT in the O2 (July 7)

With my Barbados holiday approaching I decided to attend to my cracked tooth. Not wanting any unnecessary medical expenses whilst away. It cost £180 for what turned out to be 2 filings; one to repair the crack, and one for a cavity the dentist found. I had intended to use my credit card to pay for the work but as it hadn't yet received my new card, after the cloning saga, I was forced to use cash, which reduced my spending power for the rest of the month.

That evening me, Sarah and Cat (it was to be Sarah's cousin but she cancelled earlier that day) headed down to the O2 Arena, formally the Dome, to see Justin Timberlake in concert. He was supported by Fergie from the Black Eyed Peas. It was my first visit to the Dome; a building I have loved since its inception (I must be the only person), and arriving there was a magically exciting moment. The building is huge and in its new guise houses 2 arenas/halls, numerous bars and restaurants, and a cinema.



But back to JT. I've have never been to that many concerts but Justin was brilliant. Timberland also put in an appearance and did a little DJ set. Fergie, too, was exceptional. I'm not a fan but really enjoyed her performance. The Black Eyed Peas also showed up for 'Where is the Love'. Way cool!
I'm glad Sarah convinced me to go because it was a great night out. I will definitely be visiting, the O2 Arena again, if only to see a movie in the cinema there.





No comments: