Sunday, October 28, 2007

Me, myself and I!

I hate having no money! It makes me feel worthless (which I suppose is the whole point). All I can do is sit as still as possible and conserve. Every action will spend money I don't have. Eat, watch TV. Use the phone or the internet, go out! I've now spent the last 4 nights (including tonight) at home, and I do feel lately that even if I had money it wouldn't of made much of a difference. Most folks these days seemed to be coupled up, so much so that they can't even be seen without partner. You can't have one without the other. But that only then dilutes the original to a pastiche. I can't get to enjoy the individual for who they are, but have to take the whole diluted package.

Why does it feel like individualism is just for kids, only to be cast away as one gets older; with life trying to force us into narrow preset channels. It feels like we have to be like everybody else, like cardboard cutouts. Why does life have to be a set of markers that you have to pass by a certain point in life, just because that's what everybody else has does before? Why does the world push us to follow the same path?

No comments: