Wednesday, February 07, 2007

I keep my job! Yay!

I had my finally performance review meeting this week. Well, less of a meeting and more of a handshake, a hug and a congratulation.

Six months ago my area manager expressed concern with my performance at work, she felt I was missing my targets to often and gave me 3 months to improve or ship out. The first month showed improvement, but the 2nd was a disaster and my area manager felt that I was not going to succeed at that point. However in month 3, I hit 2 of my 3 targets, actually doubled one of them. My Area felt then that I had shown enough of an improvement to give me another 3 months, but not as intently as before. I had told her I felt crowded by the fortnightly reviews.

Over the last 3 months I hit 2 out of 3 targets each month and only narrowly missed the third which didn't bother my Area too much as she would much rather a narrow miss than a woeful shortfall. For January I actually hit all 3 targets; the first time I've achieved that feat since joining the company!

My targets for the curious is to sell 7 properties every month; book 11 successful mortgage appointment every month; and refer 2 clients successfully to use our in-house solicitors for either sale or purchase!!

No comments: