Sunday, February 18, 2007

Nancy and Devinder (Geoff's birthday)

Last night I saw my college chums Nancy and Devinder. I was Nancy's boyfriend's 30th birthday and she had arranged a surprise party for him. He thought they were just going out for dinner! Devinder was there with her long time partner Chris who was actually one of our course tutors at the time. I went solo; as I said 'Why bring a date when you can find one!'

It was a really good night, buffet laid on and a DJ, who play and interesting mix of commercial hip-hip and disco with a sprinkle of rock and roll at the end at the request of birthday boy.

The DJ played Candy by Cameo at one point during the night and apparently there's a dance that goes with it so I joined in with Nancy and a couple of other lasses in the middle of the dance floor. I had to learn it up as I went along, but with the second playing of the song I had picked it up like a pro. Ooh yeah!

Happy birthday Geoff.

No comments: