Saturday, October 07, 2006

What a day!

Friday was day off day and with not long left before my trip to Australia I needed a suit for the wedding, but with Lucy's 21st birthday party on Saturday, I was in need of a birthday present too. I asked Channa if she was up for coming shopping with us but after getting some bad news in the morning she decided against coming, but I did get to meet her Mom, Dad, parrot and vacuum!

sign
My destination was Freeport, in Braintree. On the suggestion of Jason who was wearing a natty little jacket to Dave's stag evening that he had bought from down there. Freeport sells designer clothing with discounts up to 60%, so I'd thought I'd have a little 'look-see'. The drive down was interesting as the heavens decided to open, and a monsoon-like storm hit. With the wipers on full, the visibility was still poor at best with plumes of spray jetting skyward off the tyres of all the cars and trucks. Aquaplaning occurred a lot as rivers and lakes appeared where once there was road. I loved it! And on open road was still able to reach the national limit. Many motorists pulled over and parked in the laybys, preferring to sit it out than take on the deluge. Wusses!

I found nothing at Freeport, save a couple of shirts and ties; useful for work. This one for John: There was a Seat parked in the carpark there, decked out in BTCC colours, photo below. cooool!!

car
Thought I'd try Lakeside as I was out. The weather had improved totally and the evening sun beamed low across the horizon glaring off the slick roads, but least it was dry. Now whilst I still didn't find a suit, I did find a nice pair of trousers, which gives me some options, and I found a present for Lucy, which I hope she likes.

troll (?)
When I got back home there was a frog on the drive just a yard from the front door. May have been a salesman, but as I approached he decided to take leave. Guess he must have got the wrong address!

Kermit

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HEY PIMP DADDY CHOCOLATE QUEENIE HERE LOVING THE PHOTOS OF MY PARTY AND JUST WANTED 2 SAY U LOOK HOT HONEY BUT IS THIS REALLY THE WAY 2 FIND A FOREIGN BRIDE